The vision of AYUSH department is to position AYUSH system of medicine as the preferred systems of living and practice for attaining a healthy society. It provides integrated approach of AYUSH services and Allopathic care to the patients of Uttarakhand and surrounding states.
Department of AYUSH, AIIMS Rishikesh has started its OPD services on 1st Feb 2017 and also extended it’s services in form of Panchkarma and Naturopathy procedures from March 2018.
Department has also initiated basic research and Randomized controlled Trials(RCT) in collaboration with various allopathic department of the institute.
OPD Services: Ayurveda, Yoga and Homoeopathy medicine
Special clinic: Lifestyle disease clinic in collaboration with Dept. of General Medicine
- Greeva basti
- Kati basti
- Ekang (janu) basti
- Nasya (Inclusive of abhyanga and swedana of shira griva etc.)
- Ekang Snehan
- Shirodhara (Oil, Takra, Kwath etc.)
- Neta tarpan
YOGA Group classes:
- Yoga class for Lifestyle disorders
- Yoga for health management of Students (Only for medical students)
- Yoga class for orthopaedic disorders , Rheumatic disorders, neurological and Psychological Disorders
- Yoga class for endocrinal disorders, cardiovascular disorders, Reproductive system disorders, Respiratory disorders
- Individual sessions
- One to one yoga session
- Cleansing practices ( Jala neti and Kunjal)
- Yoga Nidra Sessions
- Mud therapy
- Abdominal mud pack
- Forehead /Facial mud pack
- Local mud pack
- Hydrotherapy baths::
- Steam Bath
- Foot bath
- Hand bath
- Spinal bath
- Hip bath
- Full body massage
- Local massage
- Neck and Hand Massage
- Foot and Leg massage
- Knee massage
- Head massage
- Specific therapeutic bath
- Asthma bath
- Fomentation pack
- Spinal spray
Herbal Garden : Development of Herbal Garden is in full swing
Vision for future:
- Increasing awareness and reach of AYUSH services.
- Initiating establishment of 30 bedded Indoor patients Department.
- Ensuring quality AYUSH services are available at the institute.
Prof. Vartika Saxena
Head of AYUSH Department
MD (Community and family medicine)
Special Interest: Community based AYUSH research
Dr. Meenaxi Jagzape
Senior Medical Officer
MD (Ras Shastra and Bhaishjya kalpna)
Special Interest: Panchkarma therapies, Respiratory disorders, Urinary tract disorders, Herbal medicines
Dr. Anvita Singh
Medical Officer (Yoga)
PhD (Yoga and its effect on spinal cord injury)
Special Interest: Research in yoga and naturopathic medicine, Prenatal yoga, Lifestyle modification yoga, De- addiction yoga, Spinal yoga, Mud therapy and Hydrotherapy
Dr. Ravindra Anthwal
Medical Officer( Homoeopathy)
Special Interest: Skin disorders, Renal calculi, Community based Homoeopathic medicine
Dr. Vinteswari Nautiyal
Medical Officer (AYUSH)
Special Interest: Research in lifestyle disorders and basic principles of Ayurvedic science
Dr. Vaishali Goel
Special Interest: Homoeopathic Medicines
Ongoing Research Projects:
|S.No.||Unit||Title of project||Type of project||Year||Name of Principle Investigator||Collaborative Departments||Status|
|1||Homoeopathy||KAP study of AYUSH services among adults in Rishikesh District.
|Intramural||2017||Dr. Ravindra Anthwal||Dept. of Community and family Medicine||Project completed Research paper published|
|2||Yoga and Naturopathy||Psychological assessment in complete spinal cord injury after treatment of depression with regular yoga: a clinical trial||Intramural
|2018||Dr. Anvita Singh||Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Psychiatry, Neurosurgery and PMR||Data collection in process|
|3||Ayurveda||Efficacy of “Draksharishtha” of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary diseases (COPD): double blind randomized controlled trial.||Intramural
|2018||Dr. Vartika Saxena
|Dept of General Medicine and Dept. of community and family medicine||Approved by IEC|
|4||Ayurveda||Effectiveness of Ayurveda treatment on “Urdhwag Amlapitta” An exploratory study
|2018||Dr. Vinteswari Nautiyal||Dept. of community and family medicine||Approved by IEC|
- Introductory course on AYUSH for Medical undergraduates (M.B.B.S)
Celebration of AYUSH days:
- International Yoga day 2018 was celebrated as per protocol of Ministry of AYUSH on 21 Jun 2017. Yoga competition in various category and yoga classess for students, faculty, officers and staff of AIIMS Rishikesh were conducted to celebrate this occasion.
- National Ayurveda day was celebrated on Dhanvantri Jayanti in 2017. Guest lecture and Awareness camp was conducted in Kendriya Vidhyalaya School IDPL, Rishikesh to celebrate this occasion.
- International Homoeopathic day was celebrated on 10 April 2017. Awareness camp was conducted in Shivalik Bhagirathi Public School Shyampur Rishikesh on dated 10th April 2018.
- Guest lecture was organized on “Yoga and holistic healing” delivered by Dr. Kamakhya Kumar, HOD, Dept. of Yogic Science and Human consciousness, Uttarakhand Sanskrit University on 19th June 2017.
- Guest lecture was organized on 7th feb 2018 by Ayurvedic unit. Prof. M. Sahu, HOD Shalya Tantra, BHU, Varanasi delivered his lecture on “Efficacy of Ayurveda in surgery”.
- Public lecture was organized on “Therpeutic uses of yoga in various diseases and holistic health” delivered by Dr. Aseem Kulstrestha ,Assistant Professor , Devsanskriti Viswavidyalaya on 22 th June 2017.
“Yoga for skill enhancement and stress management” was conducted on 7th Jan 2018 at Police training centre, Narendra nagar, Tehri garhwal.
- “Live Operative workshop on Kshar Sutra” was conducted on 8th feb 2018 in collaboration with department of surgery, AIIMS, Rishikesh.
Memorandum of Understanding
- MoU signed between AIIMS, Rishikesh and Devsanskriti Viswavidyalaya on 21st November
- MoU signed between AIIMS, Rishikesh and University of Patanjali Haridwar on19th December 2017.
Health Camp for Public Awareness:
- CAMP I : On 10/12/17 a free medical camp was organized in Shyampur khadri.
- CAMP II : On 17/12/17 a free medical camp was organized in Tapovan (Tehri
- CAMP III: On 07/01/18 a free medical camp was organized in PTC Narendra Nagar
- CAMP IV : On 21/01/18 a free medical camp was organized in Shyampur Haridwar
Department of AYUSH
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh,
Uttarakhand, India – 249203
Phone no. : 0135-24620540
E mail: email@example.com
|1||Prof. Vartika Saxena||Head of Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Meenaxi Jagzape||Senior
|3||Dr. Anvita Singh||Medical Officer
|4||Dr. Ravindra Anthwal||Medical Officer
|5||Dr. Vinteswari Nautiyal||Medical Officer
|6||Dr. Vaishali Goel||Medical Officer