AIIMS Rishikesh has started developing plans for undertaking research with Following Mission :
To innovate, discover and develop integrated and cost - effective solutions in health for preserving, protecting and restoring health of the local population and developing such approaches which can serve as a model for the country as a whole and for under - served populations worldwide.
Institute would shortly announce it’s thrust areas of research, and would make funds available for multidiscipline and Multi institutional projects relevant to the state as well as the country.
Research endeavors’ at the institute will aim at-
- Making discoveries in basic biomedical sciences that may form building blocks of future solutions in health.(Basic sciences research)
- Translating basic and pre-clinical knowledge into treatments, diagnostics and technologies to preserve, protect and restore health. (Translational research)
- Advancing understanding of epidemiology, mechanisms and clinical aspects of disease and testing novel therapies and cures. (Clinical research)
- Improving health at the population level and enhancing effectiveness, efficiency and equity of the health system. (Public Health Research)
- Testing new curricula, approaches, methods and technologies in health professional education.
Interdisciplinary, innovative and pioneering research activities at AIIMS, Rishikesh would not only the be the stuff for scientific history, but would also be the vital underpinning of both a world-renowned medical education and unsurpassed patient care.