The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology caters to women of all age group. It deals with diseases of female reproductive organs, family planning and care of women during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. The department is committed to deliver quality and evidence based clinical services to all patients coming under its domain after establishment of fully functional department.
Facilities and services:
To start with, the department shall offer OPD consultation services (non-procedural).
With the development of further infrastructure of the institute, the department will gradually expand with provision of facilities of labour room, in-door admissions, minor and major surgical procedures, provision of family planning services etc.
Shortly the department would start undergraduate teaching and clinical postings for the first batch of MBBS students.
The department at this institute aspires to provide services of utmost quality to the whole region.
· To start High risk obstetrics clinics
· To start infertility Clinic and IVF clinics
· To start following speciality clinics to cater to the specific needs: Cancer clinic,
. Endocrinology clinic, Adolescent Clinic, Menopause clinic, Urogynaecology Clinic
· To start Gynae-endoscopic surgeries after procurement of instruments
· To establish Fetal –Medicine unit
· Postgraduate training and clinical research
Contact Us :
Dr. Jaya Chaturvedi
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
AIIMS, Rishikesh 249201