The Department of Urology has been started at AIIMS, Rishikesh. The Department is dedicated to provide highest standard clinical care, teaching and training in Urology.
Facilities and Services:
The department is currently running outpatient clinic on two days and caters to approximately 150 to 200 patients in a week. The department is providing in-patient care to patients who mandate surgical intervention or need conservative management. OT care is provided to the patients who warrant intervention in any form pertaining to the diseases of genito- urinary tract i.e. open endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
The spectrum of diseases and domains catered to include:
- Urinary tract Infections, Genito-Urinary Tuberculosis, Bladder pain Syndrome
- Stone disease (Renal, Ureteric, Bladder),
- Uro – Oncology (Kidney, Urothelial, Prostate, Penis, Testis, Urethra and Scrotum),
- Bladder outlet obstruction (Benign enlargement of Prostate, Primary BNO)
- Upper urinary tract obstruction (e.g. Pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction)
- Female Sexual health and Uro-gynaecology
- Male reproductive and sexual function (Andrology, infertility and Integrated Men’s Health)
- Diseases of the adrenal glands
- Urinary Incontinence (Overactive bladder, neurogenic bladder, SUI, Post prostatectomy and others)
- Reconstructive urology (Hypospadias, Exstrophy – Epispadias complex, Ureteral Stricture, Urethral Stricture disease)
Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday
- M.Ch. Urology and Renal Transplant course (From January 2018)
Subspecialty Clinics & Services
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Neurourology.
- Integrated Men’s Health Clinic – Andrology, Male Infertility and Sexual Medicine
- Renal Transplant Clinic.
- Robotic Urological Procedures.
- Renal Transplantation and Allied Procedures (CAPD insertion and removal, AV fistula).
Dr. Ankur Mittal – Assistant Professor & Officiating Head
Dr. Aditya Prakash Sharma – Assistant Professor
Dr. Sunil Kumar – Assistant Professor
Department of Urology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh
Uttarakhand Pin No. 249203.