The role of Microbiology is to provide clinical consultation on investigation, diagnosis & treatment of patients suffering from infectious diseases and for implementing infection control programmes and developing a feasible Antibiotic policy. AIIMS Rishikesh has been set up primarily to cater to the needs of the local people of the hilly state of Uttarakhand and other surrounding states. The department of Microbiology came into existence on 19th March 2013 when Dr Pratima Gupta joined as Professor on 19.03.2013. Currently the department has the following faculty members.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
- Teaching the 2nd Professional MBBS and Nursing students in the various disciplines of Microbiology like Bacteriology, Virology, Parasitology, Mycology, Immunology & Medical Entomology and providing acumen for interpreting lab results in correlation with clinical presentation.
- Tests being currently done are routine microscopy, fluorescence and rapid serology in diagnostic Bacteriology, Mycology, Virology and Parasitology like Dengue, Malaria, Scrub Typhus, Bacterial and Fungal meningitis, autoimmune disorders HBV,HCV,HIV to name a few.
- Automation for culture, identification and detection of drug resistance in Bacteriology including Mycobacteriology and Mycology.
- Advanced molecular techniques for research and diagnosis in Clinical Microbiology.
- To establish a resource center in the field of infectious diseases, surveillance activities, outbreak investigations and diagnostic services.
- Developing a training center for developing and running an effective infection control programme.
- Developing a reference center for locally prevalent but underdiagnosed infectious disease like Rickettsial infections.
Department of Microbiology
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Virbhadra Marg, Rishikesh-249203
Dr. Pratima Gupta – E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Neelam Kaistha – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Balram Ji Omar – E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Deepjyoti Kalita – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Puneet Kumar Gupta – E-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Mohit Bhatia – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org